Thursday, March 13, 2008

Fun for Mommy

Okay, so I had a ton of fun yesterday! M's 6th tooth finally broke the gumline, so he's back to his old self, exploring and tearing through the house at a rate that would wear out his brother!

I used the day to do some sewing! Not pictured is the bathrobe/pajama robe I made for myself. By far the most complicated pattern I've tried (that was quite a surprise), and I'm pleased with how it turned out, inspite of my horrid machine. I've done some looking online, and apparently most of the basic Kenmore sewing machines are great, but there was a few years where the models give people problems. Guess who bought hers during that time frame?

At one point, as I was picking out the 46 random loops that suddenly appeared on the bottom of my project (which just happened to be the RIGHT side), I came very close to throwing the whole thing off the balcony. Very close. Very, very, well, you get the idea!
Personally, I think it would be lovely if my whole family decided to get together and get me a new machine for Christmas, just an idea for all of you out there. I could pick out the machine and everything.
Anyways, I made these tiny little shoes for M (L thought they were for Jack at first, but even Jack's feet are too tiny - being an inch long). Here they are with the bag I made the other week.




The pair on the right are kinda snug and fit him now, the pair on the left I made a little bit bigger, for his next pair of shoes. I am so pleased with these! Totally cute, easy to make, and comfy. M was soooo excited when I put them on, and made no efforts to pull them off (complete opposite of L's first reaction to those hard-soled things he had).
Well, heading to Ft. Pierce on Monday! Can't wait! I've been getting all my stuff together for the school Author Visits I'm doing, and going to pack this weekend!

No comments: