Sunday, December 9, 2007

Activity Advent!

Here it is! The basic idea is to take all those little traditions and assign them a certain day of the month (I mean, you're doing them anyway,right?!). Then you write them on the inside of a little sheet of origami paper (all we had was animal prints - not very festive, but effective none-the-less), and fold them into little dated envelopes. I also wrote the activities in my planner so I can prepare. Ours also have the day's calendar piece enclosed to help BB with the one-a-day concept.
The last day even has birthday candles in it, for Jesus' birthday cake!

Our first activity was to set up our nativities - a big hit!


We have also baked donuts and decorated gift bags for the gingerbread cookies we're baking today!

It also snowed this week, and BB played on the porch so I didn't have to take the baby out...





Brothers being brothers...



Gotta run!

No comments: