Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Lemons, Lots and Lots of Them...

Okay, so we've all heard that "when life gives you lemons..." so many times, and it is totally cliche, but we keep using it, because it sums up that kind of thing so nicely. It's seems like we've had lots of lemons lately.

I figured we should have some real ones to match. Just kidding. I wanted to make lemonade with L. We had a blast doing that, by the way.

Anyways. First the move fizzled out. And then this weekend Hubby's kidney stones flared up. My bestest (okay, that's not a real word, but it totally describes her!) friend came over and watched the boys while Hubby and I went to the hospital, which turned out to be most of the day. He's fine now, taking it easy and all.

And then yesterday we had L's speech screening. It was a preliminary thing, with a bunch of families in one big room with a bunch of screeners (they check for more than just speech). I don't think they got a very good handle on who he really is.

Maybe if someone had asked me to rate him on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being extremely compliant and 10 being extremely stubborn, I could have told them that he's about a 12. Next thing is we have a private screening (gee, there's an idea) in a couple of months. Good thing is I have 2 months to pray about it.

Today was a really fun day. We squeezed lemons, saw horses in a trailer (L was able to tell me what color they were after we pulled away), and Mama even let him get out the scissors and practice cutting again (I've been saving this till I knew he was old enough to find it fun rather than frustrating. Aah - the things I learned at GraceLand Preschool). We even went to look at puppies with A. Lindsay (she's looking for one).

M using the colored pencils. Right now, as I am typing, he is at the table shredding that paper and dipping it in his yogurt...

Oh, and isn't this cool? I looked over and L was teaching M how to sign 'more.' So M quit grunting and pointing at L's goldfish, made the sign for 'more,' and L handed over a few, praising his little brother for doing it right!

So that's where we're at. Lots of things I could stress over, but I'm choosing to trust Him instead. Hope you're doing the same, whatever you're facing!

"The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still." - Ex. 14:14

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you can make lemonade. Hope all is going well.