Thursday, June 12, 2008

Totally My Kid

Off on a grand explore, as Pooh Bear might say. Crashing through the far, intentionaly untamed regions of our back yard, staff in hand (an old tent pole), and climbing, for hours at a time. Oh, I pray that we'll someday be near some real woods for him to enjoy!


And the question of the day... Now I would never, ever eat an unidentified berry. Growing up in South Florida you learn never to even touch something you're not totally sure of. So don't anyone get their knickers in a twist thinking I'm feeding the kids these! But the question is this - does anyone know if blackberries or raspberries grow on trees? I thought it was bushes. But these come in every year, and they're absolutely brimming with juice.

I'm really hoping someone knows a bunch about berries. See, when you picture citrus, everyone thinks of those little, round-topped things the grovers have. But in the wild orange and grapefruit trees get 30+ feet tall, and they look absolutely nothing like what they have in the groves. So, here are the berries, let me know if anyone knows anything!

And here's the tree...

M got a little pooped out after a bit, so I tied him up in the mei tai, and he was thrilled. That's our house in the back that the camera's focused on, and here's one little foot swinging happily about...


L with tiny nature treasure. The two little flowers were subsequently tucked into his pockets. He actually remembered they were there when we came inside. He always remembers that kind of stuff. It totally amazes me, the stuff this kid can recall. He's still tells me that he's gonna get more 'candy beans' from Unky Kevn when we next see him. Kevin shared some Jelly Belly Beans with him at Easter. If he can articulate it, he's going to tell you about it, no matter how long ago it happened!





No comments: