Tuesday, January 26, 2010

finished (and nearly finished) goodies

I am still in love with this plum-colored yarn I found! I used it to make these little shorties - aren't they too cute?

And I'm almost finished with the other project for someone special in my family. I know it's terribly wrinkly looking, but it is a work-in-progress, and that's just the way these things go. I'm free-handing the words, which honestly made me a bit nervous, as I, ahem, do not have the best handwriting in the world... but I told myself that they're just lines like anything else I draw or stitch, and keeping that in mind seems to be working.

I have decided that I really like embroidery. For one thing it is a pretty cheap hobby. Five bucks could get you a hoop, thread, and a fat quarter, and then you're off. I also like it because drawing is not something that terrifies me, so I don't have to pay for patterns to stitch. I think the main trick with embroidery seems to be finding something you can actually use it for (I'm not into throw pillows), but I actually came up with a little list of things I could use some embroidery for, and tacked it inside my sewing cabinet.

And last of all, here's the Green Map, which is going in my little Etsy shop. I'm really pleased with how it turned out!


What do you think?