Thursday, January 21, 2010

our first charity quilt is finished!

Isn't that exciting? Our first quilt for a little baby who doesn't have much is finished! We worked with a faith-based group, Margeret's Hopechest, to build this one! We contacted them through the email at their website, and they sent us the pre-cut fabric for the quilt top. Levi had a blast designing all the 9 piece blocks, and plus he decided (with a teeny bit of help from Mama) how to arrange the blocks when they were finished. He kept saying things like: "I think the baby will like green..." and then he would thoughtfully choose the next piece of fabric.
We finished the back with some super-soft and snuggly pirate material, and I did a simple turn & topstich for the binding (this was my first real quilt).

We'll keep working on our Log Cabin quilt for charity as we collect baby-friendly themed fabric scraps, but that will probably take a while!
And what did Micah think about all this, you might wonder? He patted the big sandwich of quilt I was layering together on the table, and asked me to make one for him next. You know, so "You can tuck me in wid it, Mama..."
How could I say no to that?

2 comments:

Kaylovesvintage said...

looks wonderful, well done
nice blog you got

Kaylovesvintage said...

looks wonderful, well done
nice blog you got