Friday, September 10, 2010

home doings...

So, what did we do with all our apples, you may wonder?  The boys did such a good job picking apples that we had enough to make 6 pints of super yummy apple butter.  (The little jar is out so I'll remember to bring some more jam home for my Daddy when I bring my brother his apple butter). 

This stuff is so easy.  Peel, chop, and dump in big pot with lid.  Put in oven on low for hours and hours (like 6).  Mash with whisk or mixer.  Dump in a cup or two of brown sugar, two spoonfuls of vanilla, generous dashes of nutmeg and cinnamon.  Put back in the oven without lid for 3-4 hours.  Can it when it's nice and thick (a whopping 15 minutes in boiling water)...  

We (well, I) made some more bandana pants, this time with pockets.  I wanted to get a rough idea on how they would work for making regular pants, what with Fall settling into place on us...

The boys are pretty happy with them, and so am I (we're talking 15 to 20 minutes sewing time - who wouldn't be happy with that?)!!!

No comments: