Wednesday, September 15, 2010

our spot

This is it.  Our spot.  This little rocky beach, surrounded with woods.  It's quiet, you can paddle here (ah, the dreams I have of having a family canoe), you can picnic here, and you can't hear any traffic from here.  And despite the fact that it's free, there's rarely anyone here!

I love this place.  It's a place to be quiet, a place to be loud.  Perfect for ambling along or for running.  A place where Mama and baby can snuggle on the blanket (she loves to turn her face into the sling, away from the sun and wind), while the boys can really be boys.  And not a single mosquito in the place.







Eve sat and looked at that water, and the noisy wind-made waves, for the longest time.  I just love being outside.  If I could own a home in a quiet place like this, well, I just don't know what I'd do with myself!

No comments: