Monday, October 18, 2010

Maryland Renaissance Faire

This weekend I tip-toed in to sleeping beauty's room to wake her up, but I just couldn't do it.  At least not until I had tip-toed out and back to get the camera.

You see, I love taking pictures.  I really do.  But it's not easy to do when you're carting around the sweetest, tiniest, little girl on the planet.

Anyways.  On with the story.  I was waking her up because we were going to the Maryland Renaissance Faire.  We had such a great time.  Pony rides, medieval shows, street performers, costumes everywhere, glass-blowing, jousting, and a good knight who cheerfully invited Levi to kick his armoured shins when we went up to shake his hand after the tournament. 

The boys took in everything they could gawk at.  I was happy to watch the master weaver of a shop at her work, and as a lover of fiber and fabric and wood and nature, there was a great deal of joy in this for me.  Daddy loved the glassblowing and the woodwork.  And Eve loved her sling and the cuddly nap she took there.

And though my hand was itching for the shutter button, these were the only images I captured.

But do you know what?  I'm quite certain we'll be returning next year.  There will be more photos to take.  More fabric to love.  More sparks for the three growing imaginations in our home. 
Because right now there are some serious sparks flying...

No comments: