Friday, April 18, 2008

Busy Week!


Hmm... what's Micah studying so thoughtfully? Why, it's Mr. Travis, who lives downstairs!



Anyways, for such a busy week we certainly have very few photos! Well, I guess I didn't think one-year-old doctor checkups and L's first dental exam were exactly photo-ops! Which is true! It would be very bad form to sit in a dental chair with your 3 yr old in your lap and be trying to take pics of the event while you're supposed to be helping said 3 yr old!



But L's dental was great! No cavities, plus the tooth he smacked hard two weeks ago is only bruised, which means it'll stay slightly gray, but doesn't need to be pulled out! He was such a trooper! Refused to put the bib on (well, she did call it a bib, and L knows those are for babies!), and she didn't squirt any water in his mouth or use mr. thirsty (ooh, that thing gives me the willies! ever seen mrs. thirsty? nightmare material, i'm telling you), but she did paint and clean his teeth, sang to him, did the floride thing (i mean, he was really good), and even held perfectly still while they x-rayed the top tooth to see if there was any root damage!





And M's one-year check was great! He's the same height his brother was at one, only four pounds heavier! Yup, he's a whopping 23 lbs, 11 oz! He had to get three shots and only cried for a minute! One of them was for chicken pox, and I'm really hoping he doesn't get any spots. L got a couple teeny tiny pox spots, and presto - Mama got shingles on her right leg. The pediatrician said to watch out and try to keep any spots he gets covered, or else it'll happen again. She was pretty interested (apparently there's like a 1% chance of that happening).

Anyways, here we are having a birthday snuggle! Mama is 29 today (though I like to think I'm 19, as I was born again in April 1989 - tee hee)!




And, TADA! My fairy grandmother sent me this! She had this perfectly wonderful machine and wasn't using it, so into the postal system it went and whoopee! Happy birthday Mama! I can't decide what to sew first!


A little birthday art...

Paul starting our new garden! We have seeds that are going to need a home soon, so I better get out there and help!

Oh, and on a quick note I got to watch my interview and the footage they taped of my Author Visits - surreal!

No comments: