Thursday, April 24, 2008

Happy Moments

So the other day M wanted up on the couch and he lay quietly in Mama's arms for a while and grinned happily as daddy took his picture.

I've had fun stitching the boys' crowns by hand (put on a hat, and man, you are special - you can become anyone!). M is a bit easier to photograph at this stage.

Yes. Those are snow boots. We needed to run to the store and his regular shoes were dirty, so L opened the cabinet and chose these. I'll take independance and initiative from him over matching attire any day, so the snow boots went on the feet and we went out the door. I. Love. Preschoolers.

We really, really, really need to finish getting our soil ready (all though my Floridian mind has its doubts about anything actually growing in all that clay). Our little seedlings are about ready to go outside and enjoy the sunshine!

GOTCHA! Sort-of. Well, here's L streaking past the camera loving his crown. The idea came from this book which I really enjoyed reading. They're supposed to be a birthday crown kind of thing, but I couldn't help myself (hey, SouleMama lets her kids wear theirs year-round too!)...

Oh, and this - I am so excited about this book! I went ahead and bought a used one for $2.50 (crazy, huh?), because this book was written in the 1800's by the guy who founded the American Boy Scouts. You know - back when kids (well, boys anyway) actually played outside in the woods. It is F-U-L-L of stuff to do. I was lucky enough to have grown up where my brother and I could roam the woods and I hope and pray my kids will get to have that kind of experience!

Speaking of which, why is it that when you are in a room packed full of "marvelous," modern, plastic gadgets and toys your children are often bored and cranky...

But - then you go outside and take absolutely nothing with you and they are happy and willing to entertain themselves for endless gobs of time until you break the sad-yet-inevitable news that it is time to return indoors?

WHY?

Anyways. Some of the beauty brought inside by L. We must put all flowers in water.
Oh, and here's our tomatoes and strawberry starters growing happily in the sill, waiting for their new home. I really am enjoying this new project!



No comments: