Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Is It Rest Time Yet?

Generally speaking, this is how my boys are... laughing, stealing kisses from Aunt Lindsay, banging on things to make music... you get the idea. Here are a couple of cute pics from the last couple of days:


And then there's today.

It's one of those days. You know 'em. The days when every single kid has woken up in a deplorable mood, moping around like that kid from the book The Very Bad, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day, or whatever it's called.

Here's a little sample for you:


And here's another:
Moma - "Are you coming out today?"
L - "Oh kaa yuh... I poo poo. No paint poo."
Moma - "Let's get you cleaned up....(M crying on my hip) Okay, now I'll set the bell and you go in your room for timeout --"
L - "Nnnooooooo.... I doan wanna..."
Moma - "You know you have to, that's what happens when you poop in your pants."
L - "Nnnooo..."
The "no" fades as he runs off to his room. The bell rings, time out's over, and he returns. The rest of the morning goes:
Moma - "Okay, it's time to _____."
L - "Nnnnooooo, I doan wanna _____."
Moma - "Well, you have to."
I doan wanna go Bible Time. I doan wanna shoes... No, dis way, dis donut store. I doan wanna hold hand. I doan wanna go home, go Bible Time... I doan wanna... I doan wanna... I doan...
You can all be so proud of me - I haven't caved on anything (that I know of), nor have I lost it! People stared at me in the store and in the parking lot, but I very nicely stated my demands (holding hands is not an option in the parking lot!), and L complied behaviouraly, if not verbally!
I had to laugh at him though - as we were approaching the doors to head back out to the parking lot, he looked up at me and stated, "No hold hand. Hold arm," and lifted his arm up for me to take hold of. I laughed, took a light hold of his arm, and we trotted off into traffic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Days like this do wear us thin. Hope the rest of the day goes better.