Monday, May 12, 2008

My, Oh, My...

Well, what you can't try off the internet! I found a recipe for making bread dough that you keep in the fridge. Four ingredients. Stir. Rise. Put in fridge. No kneading. Cut off a hunk, shape, rise and bake! WOW! It's actually pretty good! Here's our bowl-o-dough. Here's where I learned it, if you want to take a look.

M had his first experience coloring, and really enjoyed it! He learned two things: crayons are not for chewing AND they make excellent drumsticks!


Purple anyone? We are trying to encourage L to express himself (rather than ask someone else to draw this or that).

I have no idea why blogger is putting some of my pictures up sideways today. Who knows? I found this great book, and made up my own little sampler by tracing some fun designs together...


Here's L, expressing himself. All by himself! I'm told it's a door, and he's been trying to build a house around the door. Pretty cool, huh?

Our garden is gone. Yesterday, during a lull in the rains, L and I ran out and put our little seedlings outside (flowers in the front of the house and pumpkin, beans, and corn in the garden). The only things that were surviving in the clay garden were the strawberries, carrots and tomatoes (which were doing the best).
We finished up just as it started to rain again, and hurried back inside. We woke up this morning to this...



You can actually see our poor little red wagon in there. It was parked right next to the garden. Hubby wanted to know why the silly tree didn't fall on that nasty old shed?

As you can see from the pics, it's still raining. Oh. Well.

But, I can smell fresh bread baking (which took less than 5 minutes of work this a.m.), so I'll be going to check on that...

No comments: