Wednesday, November 11, 2009

art lessons

Levi is so funny! One day he is so confident with his art, and the next he questions himself. I will say that the questioning days are getting farther and farther apart though :). Below is a snapshot of some money he made. I would just like to point out the fact that my five year old has some understanding of what a "profile" is.
So, now that he's gotten into the swing of doing reading, writing and math everyday (with other stuff too), I thought I'd add in a little Art, to give him some simple tools to boost his confidence. He grinned from ear to ear when I brought out my giant art pad. And he copied me enthusiastically as we worked on some of the basic elements of drawing. Then we put them together to make nonsense, abstract things (just to keep finding those elements), and then we made some actual pictures. He ended with wanting to copy some of my artwork, which was just a sketch of one of my characters in my book. He ran out of room and stopped, but I have done that a million times, and it's just part of drawing.

I have the BEST job in the whole world.

No comments: