Thursday, July 1, 2010

right now...


Now and then.  They're tuff things for humans.  Even the youngest of us seem obsessed with "what's next?" or "when?"  One of my mama-goals is to help my kids live and thrive in the now: enjoy what God gives us now, rather than squandering what we have longing for the morrow.
Because tomorrow never quite comes, does it?

So today, while I am waiting for our girl to arrive, and the when? is piling up pretty big on me too, I thought I'd share a few tiny things that I am doing and loving, right now.

Right now I am finishing up a pair of baby booties, as an attempt to use up the yarn from another project, and laughing as my sons shout out all the colors their sister needs me to make for her... 
Right now, I am waiting to see what yumminess will come from our garden...

 Right now, I am watching my morning glories slowly fold themselves up for the day...

Right now, I am grinning from ear to ear just thinking of these tiny strawberry seedlings (started from the tiniest of seeds), and the runners they are putting off... 

 Right now, I am wondering where on earth all the honeybees have come from this year?  We usually just have bumblebees, but after our extensive study on bees a few months ago (you can actually see her pollen basket on her leg!), we were all surprised to find the yard full of real, live honeybees this summer... 

So, here's to starting a whole 'nother month, and to waiting for things and to living in the moment.  I'm off to see just what the flight radius of a honeybee is (it just may be possible that these bees are from the colony they started at the White House this year - after all, we can see the Capitol from our neighborhood)...

No comments: