Monday, December 20, 2010

corner of our kitchen

This year I decided that my boys are big enough to be taking care of their own wet gloves.  But where to put them?  We have a cozy little house, so I ransacked my memory for ideas.  I remembered having seen a vertical clothes-line somewhere, and decided on that one.  So I hung up a line, but I added knots to keep everything spread out, and showed it to the boys.  Levi helps Micah (when he needs it), and I just rarely have to do more than say: "Don't forget to hang up your gloves when we go in!"



I'm a big believer in finding ways to help encourage independance, without demanding that kids be little, perfect copies of adults.  Cause, let's face it, if I want my kids to be independant, I'm going to have to let them be themselves! 

No comments: