Tuesday, February 15, 2011

my four valentines

     We had such a sweet Valentines day around here. When I woke up there were gifts from three of my valentines (Eve just isn't ready to make anything yet!). They had been busy and sneaky, and had let me sleep in while they made a batch of the donuts my Moma used to make




     The donuts are super easy!  You need one can of fridge biscuits, some oil or vegetable shortening, a bottle cap (plastic is fine), and something to sprinkle on the donuts.

     While your oil is heating, split each biscuit in half and then use the bottle cap to make the hole in the middle.  Fry them.  Take them out and let them rest on a paper towel for a minute or two, then roll them in either powdered sugar or cinnamon & sugar (course, I guess you could use both, who am I to judge?!).  Fry the holes too.

  Yummy, yummy, yummy...

No comments: