Thursday, June 11, 2009

Happiness...

There are so many wonderful things that add up to happiness. Here are some of mine! L getting ready to draw just like Harold in Harold and the Purple Crayon. What thrills me about this, is that it was his idea to put up paper and draw like Harold. He has a lot of very creative ideas!


Some simple food made from felt in my stash created a ton of happiness around here. Two slices of bread, an egg, pancakes with butter and a tea bag, just the stuff we could throw together with the colors I had. M has started cooking the stuff in his little pans - and L is having a blast making all manor of sandwiches for us to eat (they're all oven baked, of course)!
And here's our more manly race car aprons. M loves the pocket for B (his bitty blanket). L was thrilled with his too, until the second I took the picture, when he tried to look all serious. If you look closely, you can see the grin he's attempting to smother...
I didn't have a pattern for these, I just measured how wide M's chest is and cut it freehand, leaving a bit of room for them to grow into. Figure these'll be great for both art and cooking!

And here's a little more joy - L wanted to take some pictures this morning. The majority of them were of me and M, and it's cool to be such a big deal to him! M went to the store with Daddy for a little while, so we went outside to play, and L decided that things are so much more fun with M. What Mama wouldn't be happy about her boys really loving - and liking - each other?!?
The boys are still TV free, and I can't begin to explain how free I feel! They play more, laugh more, think more, create more, and have better attitudes to top it all off! Getting rid of something that seemed so impossible to live without turned out to be one of the best decisions I've made in a long time. I'm not banning TV forever, but it has certainly been relegated to the "special occasion" category.



"I will set no worthless thing before my eyes." - Psalm 101:3

No comments: