Wednesday, May 26, 2010

jam

Ahem. Let's just say that the berries the boys mushed up for me was far more crushed up than the batch I did. Practically liquified would be an appropriate expression. Crushed red berries up to your elbows would be another.


Looks like a big deal, doesn't it? But it's not! Easy, easy, easy! And yes, I did dump that entire pink bowl of sugar into that pot.

I made 17 half-pint jars, with some to spare put into some tupperware (and all but one jar sealed well, which is pretty cool). The boys did such a great job mashing their berries into pretty much nothing, that the jars with their half in them look more like jelly than jam!
I should have gotten a picture of their red arms, but I wasn't bringing my camera anywhere near that, so you'll have to use your imagination!
Good, clean fun I tell you!
Head over to pickyourown.org and try it for yourself!

No comments: