Sunday, May 23, 2010

work

Here's my three-year-old. Doing the picture-find in a Hidden Pictures magazine. Putting the stickers in the right spots. By himself. Sigh... If he was growing up any faster, I don't know what I'd do.

And I decided to try my first Oliver + S pattern. It's a Sketchbook Shirt, and I've finished everything but the buttons & their holes! I'm probably going to do the buttonholes by hand, as they don't make button presser-feet for my machine, and I'm not sure about all the settings. I fiddled with it for a while, but I'm not even sure that it was intended to do buttonholes, and I'm not willing to ruin the whole thing when I have perfectly good needle & thread!
I love the busy dog print. It's the same as the pinafore for their little sister, but it is really busy on the shirt! (Which I thought would be perfect for hiding any mistakes that I might make) I made one, to check the fit on both of them, instead of doing two at once!
I have to say, I loved this pattern, and that it was really well written and thought out! The boys are both really excited about their shirts, and are begging for the matching shorts to go with them. Well worth my time!

No comments: