Monday, June 21, 2010

Bandana Pants!

Okay, so I have to share these crazy-fun bandana pants.  Cheap, fun, and fast - who could ask for anything more?  The idea is for them to be play clothes, and they're perfect for that, but I'm also thinking they would make nice pajama shorts (perhaps because it took 24 hours for me to get them off the boys and into the laundry)...

I decided to try them for a couple of reasons.  First, Micah has this thing about his clothes being too tight.  "Dey're hutting meeee..."   Once he starts saying that about a pair of pants, well, let's just say that he doesn't forget which pairs he doesn't want to wear.  The idea of there being a tutorial for pants that fit 4 to 10 year olds, with a simple change of the hem and the elastic was very appealing to me.  The twenty minute crafting time was even more so.

Second, well, the boys just needed a little bit of mama-craft-love, if you know what I mean.  Babies are fun and all, but I'm trying to keep a balance of making sure that I'm making stuff for them too. 

Now that I've made them, I know just how much material I would need to make a few of these, and what I would change to make them "perfect" for my boys.  Ahem, "pockets" are the first thing on Micah's list...  "More" would be another...

No comments: