Thursday, June 10, 2010

Rat & Ram

I thought I'd share the phonics reader I've published on Amazon's Kindle.  When Levi was first starting out on his learning-to-read adventure, I was astonished by how hard it can be to find books that are phonics based.  I guess it's partly because of just how impractical it is to publish 12-page books.

So I had some fun, sketching and painting, and came up with a short and sweet little story that gives the earliest readers a chance to practice sounding out words with the short A sound, and then published the digital version over at amazon.
 
Who knows if anything will ever come of it, but I had a lot of fun, and now I'm toying around with ideas for a Letter E based story.  If there's a little one in your life getting ready to start their own reading adventures, and if you like digital books, then have a peek at Rat and Ram.


Oh, and here's Levi's favorite picture in Rat and Ram, to give you an idea of what it's like  (he thinks it's funny, because she's stuck under a hat...)

No comments: