Friday, February 27, 2009

Our Egg Safari

So here we are hunting for dinosaur eggs. I went and hid them in the back edge of the yard (we intentionally leave it pretty natural back there), and then we teamed up to explore the yard. Here's their little "nest."

Discovery!


Anybody in there?

"Helping" the baby dinosaur hatch. Funny how my son firmly believed that there would be a dinosaur in that egg, rather than the empty balloon we built it around.









Tada! (I say that a lot, don't I? Maybe that's why M says it...anyways) Here's our busted eggs with one of the dinosaurs. The other one had already stomped off through the "woods."
We put the eggs in the recyling. Oh, and our dinosaurs were a simple dino shape cut out in three layers. The middle (white) layer was taller than the others and had spikes. I laid them all together and blanket-stitched around the edges.
Happy hunting!

No comments: